This page carries links to a number of sites relevant to the OSIER project and its user community. Each link opens in a new window - you will need to close this to return to the OSIER site. Please note that the OSIER project is not responsible for the availability, content or currency of external sites (see our Terms and Conditions).
TEESNet (formerly the UK Teacher Education Network on ESD and GC) (site hosted by CCCI)
- Links to policy, practice across UK and research. Conference papers since 2008 (Reports, presentations, keynote addresses and proceedings)
HEA ESD Project sustainability site
Sustainable Development Education Network (Scotland)
- "The SDE Network is a Scottish charity that exists to enable more of the education sector to undertake sustainable development education and to support those who are already undertaking it. We also act as an umbrella body for the SDE community to enable our members to engage with government on issues related to SDE."
Sustainability and Environmental Education (SEEd)
People & Planet
- Going Greener, Green League … Universities have a key role to play in the UK’s transition to a low-carbon future, yet our universities' responses to climate change haven't been quick or effective enough yet. The carbon emissions and energy consumption of university estates are responsible for around 11% of the UK's public sector emissions. There's a long transition ahead to make our learning institutions fit for the future.
EUAC The Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges
The Handbook of Sustainability Literacy: skills for a changing world
- In this ground-breaking book, leading sustainability educators are joined by literary critics, permaculturalists, ecologists, artists, journalists, engineers, mathematicians and philosophers in a deep reflection on the skills people need to survive and thrive in the challenging conditions of the 21st century.
ESCalate ESDGC website
- Provides ideas and guidance in an educational context of how to implement appropriate mechanisms for integrating 'sustainable development' into teaching and learning in HE and in teacher education.
The Ubuntu Network
- The Ubuntu Network supports the integration of Development Education (DE) and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) into post primary Initial Teacher Education (ITE) in Ireland.
University of Plymouth Sustainability and Community Engagement
Bradford Ecoversity useful links
University of Brighton
- How can university staff, across the full range of subjects, embed sustainable development into learning and teaching? A research project conducted at the University of Brighton in 2007-2008 aimed to identify, share and encourage the uptake of successful models and strategies for embedding sustainable development into the higher education curriculum.
Development Education Research Centre, IOE London
Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence
- The Centre is involved with a number of green chemistry activities in the areas of research, industrial collaboration, the development of educational and promotional materials and networking both with academia and industry.
UNESCO Key links
John Huckle's links
- Education for Sustainability, Environmental Education, Development Education, Citizenship Education, Sustainable development, Environment, Red/green politics, Critical theory and pedagogy
Henry Liebling’s site
- Aims to embed ESD (Education for Sustainable Development) and GC (Global Citizenship) in Teacher Education. These materials inform the "sustainability debate" in HE and schools, encouraging awareness, reflection, action and connection with a range of viewpoints.
International Institute for Sustainable Development
- IISD champions sustainable development around the world through innovation, partnerships, research and communications.
- Welcome to Resurgence - a magazine for people who care about the environment, love reading, enjoy new ideas and are looking for inspiration on sustainable living. Many articles free to browse.
- Transformative Learning for Sustainable Living: Through an innovative approach to learning and with experts from round the world, Schumacher College has helped thousands of organisations and individuals in understanding and finding solutions for the most pressing ecological and social concerns of modern life.
Any correspondence concerning this specific repository should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.